A downloadable game for Windows
Build tiny voxel worlds in virtual reality!
Microcosm is the game I've wanted to play in VR ever since I saw the Oculus Rift Kickstarter way back in 2012. I picked up a Vive last year, but no one seemed to be making the voxel game I wanted. Finally, I said enough was enough, and just decided to build it myself.
This is still a very early version, but it is, according to testers, playable and fun at this point. Itch seemed like a great choice for a game at this stage, as my main goals right now are to get it into more folks' hands to make sure it runs well on a variety of systems, and to hear about others' play experiences. Both will help inform what I add and change going forward.
- Microcosm worlds are made of 512×256×512 voxels. Each one is 0.018 meters (~0.7 inches) cubed. That's over 9 meters across and 4.5 meters tall of real-world space (~30 feet by ~15 feet). You can build some pretty huge stuff. 🚀
- Create your own world of solid, transparent, and glowing voxels. 🖼
- Switch the desktop camera mode! Use the default eye-cam, or place a fixed camera in the world. Great for time-lapses, video recording, and hiding your work. 📹
- Super easy to learn, self-explanatory textless UI. 💡
- Save your creations as .cosm files, and share them with other people! 🌏
- Intuitive voxel selection and editing. Easily place, delete, and paint existing voxels. 🎨
- Pause, speed up, and slow down the day/night cycle. 🌆
- More fun and interesting things coming soon! 🎉
Microcosm currently requires an HTC Vive to play. If there's enough interest, I'd love to add Oculus Rift + Touch support. Please let me know in the comments or on Twitter if that's something you'd like to see!
I'm planning to release Microcosm on Steam the same day as I enable downloads on itch. I will add Steam keys here for anyone who has purchased the game via itch, and Microcosm will continue to be sold in both stores.
Once I'm comfortable enough with Microcosm's stability, performance, and feature set to move it out of Early Access, I'd love to keep adding updates as long as there's still both player interest and good things to add.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $14.99 USD. You will get access to the following files when they are released:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.